Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Trust

UPDATE: Today's meeting was just that . . . a meeting.  They didn't offer him a job (yet).  He is one of two people being considered which is new information.  They discussed some business history, gave him some more details about the job, introduced him to someone that used to do the job, showed him around some more and discussed a potential salary / benefits package.  They said they would make a decision by the end of the week.
 
Back to praying we will go.  Continuing to praise the Lord for his goodness!
 
ORIGINAL POST:
 

With switching blogs, I'm not sure I've told this story (although all two of my readers know the situation).  For memory's sake, I'm going to post this.

The Knight lost his job on August 8.  The Lord has done nothing but show his mercy and grace and provide for us during the last two and a half months.  Our faith has grown, and I can honestly say it's been a joyful time.  We're at the point where we almost have no choice but to trust in the Lord because humanly speaking there is no way out of our situation. (There are some issues with previous employer that I can't really go into.)

On September 4, the Knight started his interviewing process with a local heating and cooling company.  It has seemingly taken forever, and there were times we weren't sure if he was even still being considered because we heard nothing for two weeks!  To this point, he's had a background check run, completed an online personality test and met with their outside accounting firm.

As I type, he is on his way for a second interview.  It appears that they like him, and that he's impressed them with his knowledge, experience and professionalism (not surprising to his partial bias family).  Humanly speaking, we'd love for them to offer him the job with the salary he needs, but we are ultimately praying for the Lord's will.

The last few years the Lord has continually brought a verse to mind and has proved it in my life . . .


Those of you that know me personally can attest to the fact that I'm not a calm person in time of uncertainty.  I can't say that there haven't been times of tears or health issues to anxiety or feeling overwhelmed, but God has given us a peace.  Sometimes I question, "How can I be this calm in the middle of all this!?!"  There's only one answer.  God.  Many past experiences in my life have not left me feeling this way.  I am truly thankful for what the Lord has taught us, and if it would take going through something like this again to have our faith strengthened like it has been, than sign me up!

I'll be sure to post the results of today's interview.  Prayfully it will be with praise to the Lord no matter the outcome.

Thank you to those of you that have been praying with us through this whole ordeal.  Thank you to those of you that have no doubt sacrificially given to us in a time of need.  Our hearts are full from your kindness and thoughtfulness.

1 comment:

  1. It's been so exciting to hear how God has been providing for you all. I know he will continue to - he promised it! (but personally, I'm praying he'll provide by allowing the Knight to get this job :)

    ReplyDelete