Friday, September 7, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again!

Our summer was busy, but I don't feel like it flew by as fast as other summers.  I prefer routine, so I'm usually ready to start school for the schedule it brings.
 
School books arrive in late July.  K5, 3rd Grade and 6th Grade this year.
 
The dreaded project before school could begin was the bookcases.  I REALLY should have taken a before and after photo to give this project justice.  It's pretty much done except for the extra stuff on the top shelf (which I chose to crop out of the photo).  I won't say whether or not I threatened the children with their lives if they dare to make a mess of it like they did last year.  But let me just say, I threw out a kitchen-size garbage bag of stuff, so you can imagine how cluttered the shelved had become!
 
Tada!  Organization make me happy if you couldn't tell!
LOVE my label maker!
 
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ~ August 24

Can't believe my little Princess Sparkle is in 6th grade!!

Princess Butterfly poised and ready to begin!
(We really need to buy a blind to get rid of the sunspots instead of pinning a blanket over the window.)

My baby, Prince Bud, couldn't wait to start Kindergarten!
He asked for almost a week straight, "Can I do school today?"

We've logged almost two weeks and school is going {fairly} smoothly.  I say that because we've had emotional breakdowns.  Plural.  And Mommy is still trying to find a way to keep up with lesson plans and grading and make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing without taking too many breaks!

Prince Bud forming the letters Uu and Ii out of play dough while listening to his teacher.
We tried a different set up this year since we had to add a student.  The picture at the bottom of this post shows how I came up with this idea.  I choose not to dwell on the fact that our schoolroom is the Sanford and Son version.  It's functional, and we don't need it to be anything else.

Bud's work station with Mom & Dad's books stored up top.
(You can see a little of Princess Butterfly's station to the left.)

Princess Butterfly's station, again, with Mom & Dad's books stored up top.

This week I made a cushion for Butterfly since the stack of pillows she was using [pictured above] wasn't working out.  I'd love to find adjustable chairs and tables!

Princess Sparkle is quite the Ar-teest!  I'll have to post some of her work.  Here she's working on a school art project.

Here's Sparkle's workstation.  That girl is a pack rat and sits on her feet like her mother.
I'll have to try and remember to post a couple more pictures of the school room.  When you walk in the door, Sparkle's desk is on the left with the built-in bookcases on the front left wall.  My desk is along the front wall next to the bookcases with a window above it -- my only sanity.  If only the sun would shine 365 days a year!  Butterfly is to my right. Bud is on the right as you walk into the room.
 
Here's my inspiration for the layout of the schoolroom.  Pinterest is my friend -- the brain I always wished I had.  It's where I go for all my creative needs.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment