Thursday, November 8, 2012

Birthday Celebration with Uncle Steve

So I started this post at the beginning of October.  It deleted itself.  I almost cried.  I've picked at it a couple times since then, but didn't have time to finish it.  At last, it's finally here . . .
 
 

We met up with my family on October 5th for Uncle Steve's family. We'll occassionally meet halfway between where my family lives and Ohio and where we live in Pennsylvania to get a quick visit in when we don't have the availability for everyone to go one way or the other. I was excited for the opportunity to see Uncle Steve, his girlfriend (Anna), my parents, my sister and, of course, my neice!

This year because of Rick's current employment status (or rather unemployment status), we tried to come up with some creative, inexpensive gift ideas.  We settled on a party-in-a-box idea.  Judging from the expression on his face, it was a success!


This is what he saw when he opened the box.  Inside are balloon containing dollar bills.  The recipient is able to enjoy popping the balloons to receive their gift of money.

To make this gift, roll up each bill and place it in the balloons.  We chose colorful balloons, but solid color balloons would allow you to see the money a little more clearly.
 
An air compressor makes this part of the job much easier (& keeps spit off the money). I'm sure my brother was thankful for that. =)
This was our sad attempt at a card.  In our defense, we were putting it together as we were trying to get out the door and in the car.  The glue nor the double-sided tape would hold the tabs to make some of the balloons 3D.

 Since I don't have time to elaborate, I'll just leave you with a couple more pictures from the evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment