Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day 100 and A New Look!

We hit Day 100 this week.  A couple days behind last year.  For some reason, this year . . . this winter has just sucked the life out of us.  We've had to take a couple "mental health days".  Next year, we'll plan for this and start early to leave more time for field trips to break up the monotony.

Each day we colored in a gumball.  The kids are starting over for the remaining 70 days we have left.
 Day 100 this year wasn't nearly as fun-filled and exciting as last year, but we did do a couple fun things.  Each child was greeted with a little gift at their desk at the beginning of the day.

Butterfly received sparkling apple cider (a favorite) and a card good for a baking session with Mommy.

Bud has been wanting a Dream Lite, so he received this mini Dream Lite puppy.  Apparently, it was a big hit because he later wrote about how much he loved it in Writing class.

Sparkle received a new robe since the sleeves were shrinking on her last one.  My girl is growing too fast!
Due to some issues we have been having with a "student", we had to move a desk in our schoolroom.  I guess I'm not the only one feeling this drag.  While moving that desk, I found a note that said, "Day 100 is the worst day of my life" with lots of teary-eyed faces.  (I'm guessing this is because said child was left behind on our trip to the local coffee shop for hot chocolate in honor of Day 100.)  I was teasing with this child later and said, "Now you can't say another day is the worst day because you already said Day 100 was the worst day".  The child laughed.  However, I found a note today that said, "Day 102 is the second worst day ever."  Even so come quickly, Lord Jesus! *sigh*

Pictured below is another note I found when we decided to rearrange the whole room today.  The Knight and I were laughing hysterically when we found it.  That must have been a "terrible, horrible, very bad, no good day" for that child.  Honestly, I have no idea what Friday this was.


Once we moved the one desk, I knew we had to move others.  It ended up being a total overhaul.  But honestly, I'm thrilled!  I can't wait to get in there.  It may be the mid-winter boost we need to get us through the rest of the winter.

Here's the bookshelves and my desk area before.  Bud and Butterfly are off to the right.


This is a straight-on look of Bud and Butterfly's area before.


This is Sparkle's area (and back to the bookshelves) before.



Excuse the glare off the snow, but this is the after!  This layout has a much more open feel.  I think it will present a lot nicer when we list the house this summer. (It will need a little more de-cluttering before we officially list it though.)




No comments:

Post a Comment