Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's

I guess I'd better start blogging before 2014 passes me by!

We haven't been taking too many pictures here lately, but I did manage to take a couple yesterday.  I probably should take more pictures.  These kids of ours are hilarious and amazing.  Last week, Princess Sparkle made an honest-to-goodness fish out of pipe cleaners with intricate details.  I should have taken a picture of it before the cats destroyed it.  They did have fun chasing after it on a string.  She also made a tractor out of pipe cleaners for her brother.  She is my artsy one.

Princess Butterfly is all about helping others, reading and wanting to cook.  Such a sweet, precious thing.  Now Bud on the other hand . . . it's a good thing he's so cute and funny.  Boys.  I'm still adjusting.

The girls had to make valentine's cards for baking club at church.  Every year I hate the idea of giving out candy.  I hate having to sort through store-bought cards with half-dresses Princesses on them.  So we elected to go with homemade cards again, but this time we chose something easier than melting crayons.  That's a disaster I hope I never to relive.  Since Bud didn't have to make any ,he worked on a project he received for Christmas.  He painted it earlier in the week (paint up to his elbows!), and Daddy helped him put it together.





Please refer to my earlier statement about boys. HA!


And a shout-out to my hubby for the beautiful flowers and chocolates he had delivered!  I believe this is the first time he's done this since we were dating 16 years ago.  It's not his fault though.  He's selfless (doesn't want extravagant things and doesn't think about buying them for others), and he's a frugal accountant.  He can't help it! =)  He's been worked on a little bit though.  He also bought me flowers for my birthday a couple months back!  I'd love him no matter what.  He's put up with me for 17 years.  He probably deserves a medal!


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
from our family to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment