Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Our Getaway - Day 2

To say the kids enjoyed the beach would be a gross understatement.  They have a healthy fear for the ocean, but they could play there all day.  We only went for a couple hours the days we did go.



After we walked over the sand dunes, we came to this sand "shelf" before getting to the water on the ocean side.  (Remember this shelf.)
 I think it was their goal to find as many gross things as possible on this trip. I didn't even take pictures of some of the things we found -- fish heads, single crab legs.

Love this shot, and I couldn't see what I was taking a picture of half the time because it was so bright outside.
 
Enjoying the beach toy that the girls bought Bud for his birthday in anticipation of going to the beach.

This . . .

led to this.

Wanna play a little game of Name Those Feet?


I took a little time in the afternoon to scout out a place to take family photos.  Enjoyed taking some pictures while I was out.




We headed down to the Hatteras Lighthouse in the evening not realizing they closed at 5 pm.

She wanted me to make her as big as the lighthouse in the photo, but seeing as we couldn't walk a mile away to do that, we ended up with this.

Our first family selfie!

The sunset beside the lighthouse included two rainbow bursts.

No comments:

Post a Comment