Friday, December 14, 2012

Bird Watching

For reasons I don't want to bother to explain (boy am I lazy!!), we were at Nana & Pappy's house today for school.  What could be more fun especially when the day ends with a movie night!?!
 
Bud getting a little help from his 'skeleteen'.  Some of his words are just too cute.  Gunna miss that.
Pappy has a serious fascination with birds.  He has six bird feeders some of which are guarded against the squirrels and turkeys that try to get the bird seeds.  (Don't mess with a sign guy that has access to foam board and a BB gun for that matter!)  He even has binoculars and a bird guide.  They see anything from woodpeckers and blue jays to finches and chickadees.

 
This squirrel did chase the birds away once he came by the tree, but he didn't attempt to climb the tree.  He mostly ate seeds that fell under the other feeder.





I wished I had gotten a photo a woodpecker, but the number of winged-visitors thinned out in the late morning and afternoon when I decided to pull out my camera.  However, it's like a coffee shop drive thru with a flurry of activity in the early morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment